add your club
Canadian Amateur Radio Clubs
No Account? No problem...Click the Register Link to create a new Account to view and access the Form.
Thanks for taking the time to add your Club/Organization to hamshack Club Listing Repository to help further amateur radio in Canada.
73 VE7DXE Don
Great that you’ve decided to add your Amateur radio group, club and or organization to the Club Listings Repository on hamshack. With your help we’ll ‘build’ the the most complete and up-to-date on-line repository of Canadian Amateur radio clubs and organizations. The Repository will serve as a useful resource for all users seeking information about ham radio clubs and organizations in all regions of Canada.
Many people only think of amateur radio as a hobby and overlook the many public services provided by ham radio clubs and organizations. Most Clubs are very active in the community providing a wide-range of services some of which include:
- Public awareness sessions on the many services provided by amateur radio clubs and organizations
- Basic and advanced training for new operators
- Development and maintenance of extensive communications repeater systems
- Provision of communications and logistical support for public events
- Partnering with public organizations and groups to provide communications and logistical support during emergencies
It is anticipated that public organizations may access the Club Repository information to help identify amateur radio resources when planning local emergency services communications requirements.
You’ll need to log into your hamshack User Account in order to view the Club/Organization Details Form used to add your Club to the hamshack Club Listing Repository. If you’re a first-time user, you’ll need to create a New Account.
You’re set to Add your Club to the Repository once you’re logged in, by completing the Club Organization Details Form which is displayed below (if you’re logged into your Account)
Fill out the information in the Club/Organization Details form:
- Enter the Name of your club or organization
- Upload an image that you would like displayed in the Club Listing Repository listings
- Next add a Description of your club or organization. Your Description can be a few lines or several paragraphs long – it’s up to you.
- Enter the Location you want displayed on your map. This can be a street address (if your club has one), or a name of the town or city. The location that you enter will be used to render the Map on your Club Listings Profile, as well as your club’s location on the Club Listings Map, or
- Enter the Primary Callsign for your club – assuming you have one. The Callsign will be rendered in LARGE bold font with your listing.
The next section of the Form contains a links back to your club’s website. Simply copy and paste your homepage link into the Website Form field, eg. https://yourclub.ca.
Next, indicate whether your Club provides ham radio Basic, Advanced and other training. ‘Wanna Be Hams’ can view Club Listings Map to locate Clubs who provide training for interested individuals!
Please complete the Emergency Communications section of the Form, if your Organization provides this invaluable public service.
You can provide details regarding communications services provided by your group including details about:
- The number of trained Operators in your group and formal training provided to these individuals
- Station communications inventory
- A Repeater network operated and maintained by your group
- Additional comments to help describe the emergency communications services provided by your group.
- Contact information if your group is available to provide emergency communications services
The information that you provide will be consolidated with similar details from other organizations and displayed on the Club Listings Map. It is anticipated that the Map will become the ‘go-to’ repository for public and other organizations to review when augmenting existing Emergency Plans with amateur radio emergency communications services.
When you’ve completed entering the information for your club simply click the Add New Button to publish your Club in the hamshack Club Listings Map and Club Grid View.
That’s it…your Club details will be processed and published.